Choose Nationwide Interlock
over other ignition interlock providers!
Michigan Ignition Interlock Resources
Currently serving ignition interlock device customers in Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Tennessee and Wisconsin.
Our Michigan Ignition Interlock Resources
We know your time is valuable, so we have collected some resources to provide you with helpful information about programs, information, and ignition interlock devices in Michigan.
Michigan Ignition Interlock Helpful Tips
- Do not eat during or 15 minutes prior to giving a breath sample.
- Do not leave your car unattended while it is running or while the key is turned over.
- The device should not be exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time.
- Do not attempt to circumvent the device – this is illegal and will be recorded as a major violation.
- Do NOT tamper with the device, cords or wiring. The device must be kept dry at all times.
- Be sure to notify us PRIOR to taking your vehicle in for any maintenance work, towing, battery changes, or having the vehicle jump started. You can do so by calling our office during normal business hours (9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday). Any receipts from work done on your vehicle must be emailed to the Secretary of State at [email protected].
- If you fail a test, the device will have a three (3) minute count down before asking you to retest. You must continue to take a new breath sample until you pass.
- Do not disconnect the device from its cord. You may remove the mouthpiece to clean it with ONLY hot water. Make sure the mouthpiece is completely dry before inserting it back into the device.
- If you miss or fail a test, the Michigan Secretary of State has advised that you refer to the order granting your restricted driving privileges for your specific requirements. Documentation must be emailed to the Secretary of State (MDOS- [email protected]). Please include your full name, driver license number, date of birth, and vehicle ID as given to you by Nationwide Interlock.
- If you are court ordered and have a violation, please contact your court representative. You may be required to obtain an EtG or a PBT. This will be different for each court.
- Avoid using or storing anything in your vehicle containing alcohol or ethanol ingredients, as these products may register a failed test with your device. Popular examples include: hand sanitizer, mouthwash, perfume/cologne, gas containers, and liquid/spray air freshener.
Find an Ignition Interlock Device Installation Facility
SEARCH FOR INSTALLATION LOCATIONS IN MICHIGAN:
Enter your city and state, or your zip code for the closest facility.
A Draeger Interlock Device Service Provider
If you don’t see a service center close to you, please call us so we can verify by your location. We add new service center locations often, and there may be a new facility near you.