Ignition Interlock Helpful Tips
Below is some basic information you will need to know while using your interlock device. In addition, we have included information about the Draeger Interlock device and a link to some training videos.
- Do not eat during or 15 minutes prior to giving a breath sample.
- Do not leave your car unattended while it is running or while the key is turned over.
- The device should not be exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time.
- Do not attempt to circumvent the device – this is illegal and will be recorded as a major violation.
- Do NOT tamper with the device, cords, or wiring. The device must be kept dry at all times.
- Notify us PRIOR to taking your vehicle in for any maintenance work, towing, battery changes, or having the vehicle jump-started. You can do so by calling our office during normal business hours.
- Avoid using or storing anything in your vehicle containing alcohol or ethanol ingredients which may register a failed test with your device. Popular examples include hand sanitizer, mouthwash, gas containers, perfume/cologne, and liquid/spray air freshener.
- Do not disconnect the device from its cord. You may remove the mouthpiece, which may be cleaned ONLY with hot water.
- If you miss or fail a test, contact us for instructions.
- If you are court ordered and have a violation, please contact your court representative. You may be required to obtain an EtG or PBT. This will be different for each court.
- If you fail or miss a retest, please pull over and turn the vehicle off if possible. This will allow the device to complete its temporary lockout and for you to take another test. Call the Reporting Department at (866) 385-5900 immediately to notify them of the incident.
- For any other questions, please call us at (866) 694-6099.
Draeger Interlock Device Manuals & Information
The Draeger 7000 Ignition Interlock Device